- 18 baguette bread slices, cut on the diagonal about 1/4-inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 jars (6 to 6 1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 6 ounces creamy goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush baguette bread slices on both sides with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet. Bake slices until just crisp, about 3 minutes a side. Remove from oven and leave on baking sheet. (Bread can be toasted 3 hours ahead; cover loosely with foil and leave at room temperature.)
- Drain artichokes, reserving about 2 tablespoons of the oil they were packed in, and place them in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add reserved 2 tablespoons artichoke oil, 1/2 cup of the parsley, Parmesan cheese, and several grindings of black pepper. Process, pulsing machine, until mixture is a coarse puree. (Puree can be prepared 3 hours ahead; cover and leave at cool room temperature.)
- When ready to serve, spread each bread slice with a mound of artichoke puree and top with some crumbled goat cheese. (Bruschetta can be assembled 1 hour ahead; leave uncovered, at room temperature.)
- When ready to eat, bake until cheese is melted and bruschetta are warm, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle bruschetta with black pepper and some of the remaining parsley. Serve warm on a platter.
- Makes 18 bruschettas.
More recipes you might like:
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 145.26 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 6.67 g|| 10.3%|
| Saturated Fat 2.41 g|| 12.1%|
| Trans Fat 0.2 g|
| Cholesterol 7.16 mg|| 2.4%|
| Sodium 310.77 mg|| 12.9%|
| Total Carbohydrate 15.69 g|| 5.2%|
| Dietary Fiber 1.87 g|| 7.5%|
| Sugars 2.07 g|
| Protein 6.87 g|
| Vitamin A 4.96 %|| Vitamin C 3.15 %|
| Calcium 10.45 %|| Iron 11.6 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com