Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken livers
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 slices bacon blanched and chopped
- 2 tablespoons apples chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions chopped sautéed
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg grated
- 2 truffles minced
- 4 to 5 slices lean bacon blanched
- 20 slices crostini French bread slices deep-fried in extra-virgin olive oil until lightly browned
Preheat the oven to 325°.
Divide the chicken livers into three equal parts. Mix the first part briefly in a blender with two of the eggs. Blend the second part with the cream. Then blend the third part with the chopped bacon, an egg, the brandy, port and flour. Mix the three blends very quickly with the ginger, salt, black pepper, nutmeg, and truffles.
Place the mixture in a greased loaf pan and top with the bacon slices. Cover the baking pan tightly with foil and place it in half its depth of boiling water in a larger pan. Bake about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature is 180º.
After the paté cools, remove some of the fat from the top if needed.
Serve the paté cold on the hot crostini: the crisp hot crunch of the crostini will lead the way to the savory velvet of the paté.
Remember, cooking times may vary depending on ovens, so test doneness before stated cooking times. Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
Adrienne’s Rustic Chicken Liver Pate with Crostini
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.