- 1 1/2 pounds chicken livers
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 bacon slices, blanched and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped apples
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions, sautéed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 truffles, minced
- 4 to 5 lean bacon slices, blanched
- 20 crostini (French bread slices deep-fried in extra-virgin olive oil until lightly browned)
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Divide the chicken livers into three equal parts. Mix the first part briefly in a blender with two of the eggs. Blend the second part with the cream. Then blend the third part with the chopped bacon, an egg, the brandy, port and flour. Mix the three blends very quickly with the ginger, salt, black pepper, nutmeg, and truffles.
- Place the mixture in a greased loaf pan and top with the bacon slices. Cover the baking pan tightly with foil and place it in half its depth of boiling water in a larger pan. Bake about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature is 180º.
- After the paté cools, remove some of the fat from the top if needed.
- Serve the paté cold on the hot crostini: the crisp hot crunch of the crostini will lead the way to the savory velvet of the paté.
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 1139.99 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 19.21 g|| 29.6%|
| Saturated Fat 5.56 g|| 27.8%|
| Trans Fat 0.14 g|
| Cholesterol 135.66 mg|| 45.2%|
| Sodium 2041.99 mg|| 85.1%|
| Total Carbohydrate 190.8 g|| 63.6%|
| Dietary Fiber 15.85 g|| 63.4%|
| Sugars 23.13 g|
| Protein 48.87 g|
| Vitamin A 126.45 %|| Vitamin C 7.91 %|
| Calcium 52.0 %|| Iron 92.45 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2020 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com