- Expeller-pressed canola oil for oiling the muffin pan
- 2 large green cooking apples
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 1/4 cups oat bran
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 12-ounce can apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup water
- Heat oven to 325°F. Lightly oil muffin pan. Peel and core apples; chop them coarsely. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together pastry flour, white flour, oat bran, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add thawed apple-juice concentrate, chopped apples, and enough water to make a light batter. Mix just enough to moisten all ingredients.
- Divide batter among the muffin cups and bake till lightly browned, 25-30 minutes. Remove muffins from cups while hot.
Remember, cooking times may vary depending on ovens, so test doneness before stated cooking times.
More recipes you might like:
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 172.08 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 2.93 g|| 4.5%|
| Saturated Fat 0.39 g|| 2%|
| Trans Fat 0.01 g|
| Cholesterol 0.0 mg|| 0|
| Sodium 265.66 mg|| 11.1%|
| Total Carbohydrate 36.82 g|| 12.3%|
| Dietary Fiber 5.31 g|| 21.2%|
| Sugars 6.26 g|
| Protein 4.8 g|
| Vitamin A 0.11 %|| Vitamin C 1.85 %|
| Calcium 2.08 %|| Iron 8.21 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com