- 7 firm ripe pears
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 3/4 cup of dried cranberries
- Peel, core and chop 3 of the pears. Halve the remaining 4 pears longways and core, leaving a 1/2 inch shell.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the chopped pears, next six ingredients and 1/4 cup of water to a boil, stirring. Reduce to medium low, simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Add cranberries, cook for 30 minutes, stirring until very thick.
- Cool and spoon into pear halves.
- Makes 8 servings
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 163.76 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 0.41 g|| 0.6%|
| Saturated Fat 0.06 g|| 0.3%|
| Trans Fat 0.0 g|
| Cholesterol || 0|
| Sodium 150.56 mg|| 6.3%|
| Total Carbohydrate 42.94 g|| 14.3%|
| Dietary Fiber 6.13 g|| 24.5%|
| Sugars 30.79 g|
| Protein 0.82 g|
| Vitamin A 0.18 %|| Vitamin C 9.37 %|
| Calcium 2.85 %|| Iron 2.66 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com