Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 1 bunch broccoli about 2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce light
- 1/2 cup chicken broth low-fat, low-sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil canola, or corn oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon gingeroot grated
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- cooking spray
Peel the broccoli stems only if they are large and tough. Cut the stems diagonally into 1/3-inch slices. Separate the florets.
Mix the cornstarch, soy sauce, chicken broth, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
Prepare a large skillet or wok with nonstick pan spray. Heat the oil in the skillet; add the garlic and ginger and cook 2 minutes over medium heat. Add the broccoli. Turn the heat to medium-high and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Add the sherry; cover and cook 2 minutes longer.
Add the soy sauce mixture and stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
Serve hot or chilled.
Number of Servings: 8
Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.