24 May, 2016
Beef Stew with Bacon and Sweet Potatoes
- 1 lb. beef stew meat (1" chunks)
- 1 can (14 oz) beef broth
- 2 medium sweet potatoes-peeled-cut into 2" chunks
- 1 large onion-cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons water
Coat slow cooker with cooking spray.
Combine all ingredients except cornstarch in slow cooker; mix well. Cover and cook 7 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high, or until meat and vegetables are tender.
With sloted spoon, transfer beef and vegetables to serving bowl cover with foil to keep warm.
Turn cooker on high. Combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water; mix well. Stir into juices; cover and cook 15 minutes or until thickened.
Spoon sauce over beef and vegetables.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15.19 g||23.4%|
|Saturated Fat 4.56 g||22.8%|
|Trans Fat 0.3 g|
|Cholesterol 81.01 mg||27%|
|Sodium 595.54 mg||24.8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.95 g||7.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.81 g||11.2%|
|Sugars 4.46 g|
|Protein 29.02 g|
|Vitamin A 51.7 %||Vitamin C 4.96 %|
|Calcium 5.62 %||Iron 19.09 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.