5 December, 2014
Bacon Elk Wraps
- 2 pounds elk steaks cut into 2 ounce pieces
- 1/2 pound bacon (thin-cut)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly cracked)
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (chopped)
Make the marinade by whisking the ingredients, slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking. Marinate the elk steaks at least overnight.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
Wrap each piece of meat with a strip of bacon, and place on a metal skewer.
Cook the elk on the preheated grill until the bacon becomes slightly burnt, and the meat has cooked to medium-rare, 15 to 20 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 36.01 g||55.4%|
|Saturated Fat 12.3 g||61.5%|
|Trans Fat 1.07 g|
|Cholesterol 89.02 mg||29.7%|
|Sodium 448.0 mg||18.7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.53 g||1.8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.17 g||0.7%|
|Sugars 4.67 g|
|Protein 26.69 g|
|Vitamin A 0.94 %||Vitamin C 0.4 %|
|Calcium 3.1 %||Iron 12.14 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.