- 13x9-inch glass pan or 3-quart glass baking dish
- pastry blender
- aluminum foil
- 2/3 cup syrup maple-flavored
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 8 large baking apples about 5 1/2 lb, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 12 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter cold, cut into pieces or margarine
- 17.5 ounces oatmeal cookie mix 1 lb 1.5 oz Betty Crocker™
- 3/4 cup pecans chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, stir together syrup, flour and cinnamon until blended. Add apples; toss until evenly coated.
- Spread in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- In same bowl, with pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives in opposite directions), cut butter into cookie mix until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Crumble mixture over apples in baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes. Very loosely cover with foil; bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!