3 June, 2014
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers
- 2 6-oz. jars marinated artichoke hearts (16 pieces), drained, patted dry and cut crosswise into bite-size pieces
- 12 ounces mozzarella, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley or basil, for garnish, optional
Preheat broiler to high and line a baking sheet with foil.
Seed and core peppers and cut in half. Place halved peppers, skin side up, on baking sheet and broil until blackened, 10 to 12 minutes.
Transfer to a paper bag, seal bag and allow to steam for 10 minutes. Hold peppers under cold running water to remove skin. Pat dry with paper towels and cut into squares.
Thread artichoke hearts, peppers and cheese on 24 small skewers or large toothpicks, alternating decoratively.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, oil, salt and pepper until blended and smooth. Arrange skewers on a large platter. Brush liberally with balsamic mixture and sprinkle with parsley or basil, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8.19 g||12.6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.18 g||10.9%|
|Trans Fat 0.3 g|
|Cholesterol 11.2 mg||3.7%|
|Sodium 188.44 mg||7.9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.36 g||1.1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.06 g||4.2%|
|Sugars 0.81 g|
|Protein 4.02 g|
|Vitamin A 2.99 %||Vitamin C 31.6 %|
|Calcium 7.39 %||Iron 6.96 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.