- 5 cups self-rising flour
- 2 pkgs active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk; room temperature or lukewarm
- 1 cup shortening
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
- Into a large bowl, sift flour with other dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add Buttermilk.
- Then add yeast mixture.
- Stir until all flour is dampened.
- Knead on floured board a minute or two.
- Roll out to desired thickness and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Bake at 400° for about 12 to 15 minutes or till lightly browned.
- This dough may be placed in the refrigerator after mixing and used as needed for a couple of weeks.
- Biscuits do not have to rise before baking.
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 196.36 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 9.2 g|| 14.2%|
| Saturated Fat 2.32 g|| 11.6%|
| Trans Fat 1.12 g|
| Cholesterol 0.82 mg|| 0.3%|
| Sodium 403.91 mg|| 16.8%|
| Total Carbohydrate 24.32 g|| 8.1%|
| Dietary Fiber 1.51 g|| 6%|
| Sugars 3.81 g|
| Protein 4.46 g|
| Vitamin A 0.32 %|| Vitamin C 0.24 %|
| Calcium 11.28 %|| Iron 7.22 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com