- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir together flour, next 3 ingredients, and 3/4 cup granulated sugar in a large bowl; stir in milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Spread batter in a lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cocoa, and remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a small bowl; sprinkle over batter in pan.
- Using a spoon, gently drizzle boiling water over batter, being careful not to disturb layers. (Do not stir.)
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a cake layer forms on top and layer springs back when touched.
- Let cool on a wire rack 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 297.08 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 6.45 g|| 9.9%|
| Saturated Fat 0.98 g|| 4.9%|
| Trans Fat 0.04 g|
| Cholesterol 1.52 mg|| 0.5%|
| Sodium 177.15 mg|| 7.4%|
| Total Carbohydrate 60.07 g|| 20%|
| Dietary Fiber 1.92 g|| 7.7%|
| Sugars 45.48 g|
| Protein 2.9 g|
| Vitamin A 0.78 %|| Vitamin C 0.0 %|
| Calcium 12.26 %|| Iron 8.52 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com