1 December, 2019
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
- 2 (3-ounce) packages strawberry gelatin dessert mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- Whipped topping or whipped cream, to garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F.
For the crust, mix the pretzels, butter, and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Press this mixture into a 9 by 13-inch pan and bake for 7 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 3/4 cup of sugar. Fold in the whipped topping, and spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until well chilled.
In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, and allow to cool slightly. Add the strawberries and pineapple, and pour over the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until serving time.
To serve, cut slices and serve with a dollop of whipped topping.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23.35 g||35.9%|
|Saturated Fat 13.7 g||68.5%|
|Trans Fat 0.47 g|
|Cholesterol 65.66 mg||21.9%|
|Sodium 546.88 mg||22.8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.43 g||14.8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.41 g||9.6%|
|Sugars 11.44 g|
|Protein 9.86 g|
|Vitamin A 22.54 %||Vitamin C 24.05 %|
|Calcium 6.51 %||Iron 12.67 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases made through the following links.