2 December, 2019
Fresh Apricot Crisp
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/3 cup golden raisins (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 5 cups pitted and halved fresh apricots (preferably Blenheim; about 15 apricots)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350° F. and grease an 8- by 8-in. baking pan. Melt butter and let cool. Whisk together flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and brown sugar. Stir in oats, raisins (if using), and pecans, then stir in melted butter.
Toss apricots with lemon juice and granulated sugar and spread in baking pan. Squeeze topping into shaggy chunks and scatter over apricots. Bake until bubbling, 40 to 50 minutes; cool at least 30 minutes, and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Notes: If using supermarket apricots, cut each into quarters, increase lemon juice to 2 tablespoons and granulated sugar to 1/2 cup, and mix a pinch each of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg into the fruit before baking.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15.75 g||24.2%|
|Saturated Fat 7.72 g||38.6%|
|Trans Fat 0.47 g|
|Cholesterol 30.5 mg||10.2%|
|Sodium 78.44 mg||3.3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.54 g||12.5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.36 g||13.4%|
|Sugars 24.44 g|
|Protein 3.65 g|
|Vitamin A 21.14 %||Vitamin C 11.59 %|
|Calcium 3.36 %||Iron 7.02 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases made through the following links.