8 June, 2018
Bacon Mushroom Swiss Meatloaf
- 12 ounces chopped raw bacon
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 5 button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk or half and half
- 6 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp but not burned. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain and cool.
Remove all but a tablespoon of the bacon fat from the skillet and saute the mushrooms and onions until tender. Allow to cool slightly.
In a large bowl, mix the beef, egg, and milk. Add the mushroom/onion mixture, all but a few spoonfuls of the Swiss cheese and all but one tablespoons of the bacon bits. Add the corn flake crumbs and mix well until blended.
Shape into a loaf and place in a large loaf pan. Bake at 350 for about an hour, or until cooked through. Drain fat from the pan and sprinkle the reserved cheese and bacon on top. Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 37.6 g||57.8%|
|Saturated Fat 15.77 g||78.9%|
|Trans Fat 0.33 g|
|Cholesterol 163.51 mg||54.5%|
|Sodium 509.57 mg||21.2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g||2.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.43 g||1.7%|
|Sugars 3.04 g|
|Protein 41.45 g|
|Vitamin A 11.43 %||Vitamin C 2.08 %|
|Calcium 27.2 %||Iron 21.71 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases made through the following links.