Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
9 inch cake pans
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 package chocolate Instant Pudding 4-serving size
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum
- 1/4 cup water cold
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup almonds or nuts slivered
- 1 1/2 cup milk cold
- 1/4 cup Barcardi dark rum
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding 4-serving size
- 1 envelope Dream Whip Topping
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-in layer cake pans.
Combine all cake ingredients together in large bowl. Blend well, then beat at medium mixer speed for 2 minutes. Turn into prepared pans.
Bake for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Do not under-bake. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, finish cooling on racks.
Split layers in half horizontally. Spread 1 cup filling between each layer and over top of cake. Stack. Keep cake chilled. Serve cold.
Optional: Garnish with chocolate curls.
Combine milk, rum, pudding mix and topping mix in deep narrow-bottom bowl. Blend well at high speed for 4 minutes, until light and fluffy. Makes 4 cups.
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
Bacardi Rum Chocolate Cake
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.