7 January, 2019
Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Salad
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pecans, broken into pieces
- 2 heads red leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 pound smoked salmon, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place asparagus in the pot, and cook 5 minutes, just until tender. Drain, and set aside.
Place the pecans in a skillet over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted.
In a large bowl, toss together the asparagus, pecans, red leaf lettuce, peas, and salmon.
In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Toss with the salad or serve on the side.
Original recipe yield: 8 servings
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.12 g||18.6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.49 g||7.5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0 g|
|Cholesterol 3.26 mg||1.1%|
|Sodium 268.58 mg||11.2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.45 g||2.2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0 g||12%|
|Sugars 2.29 g|
|Protein 5.97 g|
|Vitamin A 35.4 %||Vitamin C 12.31 %|
|Calcium 4.84 %||Iron 14.51 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases made through the following links.