- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a another bowl, beat egg yolks lightly. Add milk, applesauce and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Drain sausage; add to batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
More recipes you might like:
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 532.76 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 36.0 g|| 55.4%|
| Saturated Fat 6.87 g|| 34.4%|
| Trans Fat 0.21 g|
| Cholesterol 103.74 mg|| 34.6%|
| Sodium 642.93 mg|| 26.8%|
| Total Carbohydrate 36.67 g|| 12.2%|
| Dietary Fiber 1.57 g|| 6.3%|
| Sugars 5.62 g|
| Protein 16.13 g|
| Vitamin A 6.69 %|| Vitamin C 7.2 %|
| Calcium 23.93 %|| Iron 16.9 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com