Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoons whole allspice
- 1 tablespoons whole cloves
- 2 cups apple chips crisp dried OR dried apples
- 12 sticks cinnamon 2 1/2 to 3 inch each
- 16 bags white tea and/or green tea bags
Divide ginger, allspice and cloves among the infusers of four glass teapots.(If teapots don’t have infusers, cut four 7 to 8 inch squares of double thick cotton cheesecloth. Divide ginger, allspice and cloves among cheesecloth squares. Tie closed with clean kitchen string.)
Divide apple chips and cinnamon sticks among teapots. Cover; attach 4 tea bags and serving instructions to each gift.
Makes 4 gift mixers, 4 servings per mix.
To Make Tea:
In medium pan, mix spice bag, cinnamon sticks, and 4 cups water. Bring to boiling; Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Add apple chips and tea bags to spiced water mixture. Let tea steep for 5 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags, spice bags, and cinnamon sticks.
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
Apple Pie Spiced Hot Tea Mix
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.