7 May, 2014
- 8 ounces Genoa salami, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces sopressata or other hard salami, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces sharp provolone cheese, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted and coarsely chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup pitted and chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
Combine the Genoa and sopressata salami, provolone, mozzarella, tomatoes, and artichokes in a bowl. Slice the roasted red peppers and add them to the bowl, along with about 3 tablespoons of their juice.
Mix in the chopped olives. Drizzle olive oil over the entire dish, followed by the red wine vinegar and black pepper. Salad can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until serving.
Tear the fresh basil leaves into bite-sized pieces and add them to the salad just before serving. Mix thoroughly and serve.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 28.61 g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 12.95 g||64.8%|
|Trans Fat 0.22 g|
|Cholesterol 84.82 mg||28.3%|
|Sodium 1286.7 mg||53.6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.77 g||2.9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.16 g||12.6%|
|Sugars 2.44 g|
|Protein 22.14 g|
|Vitamin A 16.12 %||Vitamin C 42.36 %|
|Calcium 34.56 %||Iron 9.81 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.