Jump to recipe
Save to BigOven
1 hour, 30 minutes
- 1 small red sweet bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed 1 lb. each
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 lb good provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb genoa hard salami, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- poppy seed
- Core and seed peppers and cut lengthwise into 1/4" strips.
- Heat oil in large skillet, add peppers, and saute over medium heat til just tender.
- Drain on papertowels.
- Line baking sheets with foil.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out one loaf bread dough into a 14" x 8" rectangle.
- (Dough shrinks, so let it relax and re-roll til it stays in shape.).
- Brush dough with beaten egg.
- Using half of the cheese and half of the salami, layer on cheese first, then salami, leaving a slight edge of dough all the way around.
- Sprinkle with half of the black olives.
- Place half of the peppers down along long edge, not all over.
- Sprinkle whole top lightly with oregano.
- Stretch long edge over the peppers, and continue rolling securely, jellyroll-style.
- Pinch/seal edge and ends.
- Place bread diagonally on baking sheet.
- Repeat all with second loaf.
- Cover loaves loosely with a lightly damp cloth towel and let rise in warm place for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Brush loaves with egg.
- Make 6-7 slashes on top of each loaf.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
More recipes you might like:
Remember, cooking times may vary depending on ovens, so test doneness before stated cooking times.
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 376.86 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 16.5 g|| 25.4%|
| Saturated Fat 6.55 g|| 32.8%|
| Trans Fat 0.09 g|
| Cholesterol 60.11 mg|| 20%|
| Sodium 1040.95 mg|| 43.4%|
| Total Carbohydrate 39.64 g|| 13.2%|
| Dietary Fiber 2.58 g|| 10.3%|
| Sugars 1.22 g|
| Protein 16.56 g|
| Vitamin A 7.87 %|| Vitamin C 14.35 %|
| Calcium 21.98 %|| Iron 17.05 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2022 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com