Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 1 box chicken stuffing mix 6-ounce - or turkey-flavored stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 sticks butter 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked cut in chunks
- 2 medium zucchini unpeeled, washed well and diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts 8-ounce sliced, drained
- 1 can cream of chicken soup 10 3/4-ounce, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray inside of a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish or 8 x 12-inch Pyrex dish with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together stuffing mix and melted butter or margarine; measure 1/2 cup of stuffing mix and set aside for topping.
Add to the remaining stuffing mix the rest of the ingredients, stirring and mixing well.
Pour entire mixture into prepared casserole or Pyrex dish. Sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup stuffing mix over casserole.
Bake, covered, for 30 minutes then uncover for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Remember, cooking times may vary depending on ovens, so test doneness before stated cooking times. Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
American Idol Casserole
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.