26 April, 2014
American Idol Casserole
- 1 box (6-ounce) chicken- or turkey-flavored stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut in chunks
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, unpeeled, washed well and diced
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (8-ounce) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (10 3/4-ounce) cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray inside of a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish or 8 x 12-inch Pyrex dish with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together stuffing mix and melted butter or margarine; measure 1/2 cup of stuffing mix and set aside for topping. Add to the remaining stuffing mix the rest of the ingredients, stirring and mixing well. Pour entire mixture into prepared casserole or Pyrex dish. Sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup stuffing mix over casserole.
Bake, covered, for 30 minutes then uncover for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 31.28 g||48.1%|
|Saturated Fat 18.01 g||90.1%|
|Trans Fat 0.93 g|
|Cholesterol 112.95 mg||37.7%|
|Sodium 731.65 mg||30.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 35.09 g||11.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.57 g||14.3%|
|Sugars 7.32 g|
|Protein 20.56 g|
|Vitamin A 49.16 %||Vitamin C 16.9 %|
|Calcium 9.61 %||Iron 13.46 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Source: Recipe Tips