- 1 chicken, about 3 pounds, cut into serving pieces
- 3 heads of garlic
- One-half bottle Cabernet wine
- 2 to 3 sprigs rosemary
- One-half cup virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the chicken in the wine, the cloves from one head of garlic and the rosemary for 4 hours in the refrigerator. About an hour before dinner, remove the chicken from the refrigerator.
- Build a charcoal fire. When the flames have died down and there is a nice bed of coals, remove the chicken from the marinade, pat the pieces dry, and season with salt and pepper. Take the remaining two heads of garlic, cut the tops off to reveal the top cloves and make individual aluminum foil "cups" for them. Pour olive oil over the garlic heads liberally, and place on the grill. Cook the chicken on the grill, turning frequently until nicely browned and cooked to the degree that you prefer.
- When the garlic cloves are softened, take them off the grill and pour the oil into a small bowl. Let the garlic heads cool enough for handling and then pinch the soft cloves out into the bowl. Mash the garlic cloves and oil into a paste, spread it on the chicken pieces and wrap each piece in aluminum foil. Return the chicken to the grill for 5 minutes to heat through.
- Makes 4 servings
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 504.14 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 38.76 g|| 59.6%|
| Saturated Fat 7.1 g|| 35.5%|
| Trans Fat 0.07 g|
| Cholesterol 57.83 mg|| 19.3%|
| Sodium 577.73 mg|| 24.1%|
| Total Carbohydrate 7.37 g|| 2.5%|
| Dietary Fiber 0.6 g|| 2.4%|
| Sugars 0.87 g|
| Protein 15.31 g|
| Vitamin A 3.7 %|| Vitamin C 5.96 %|
| Calcium 4.58 %|| Iron 8.61 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2020 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com