27 February, 2016
8-Layer Taco Salad
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled unsalted tortilla chips
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 5 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring and breaking up lumps, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, mash avocado, yogurt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl with a fork until smooth.
Transfer the turkey and any juice from the pan to a serving bowl. Layer chips, salsa, beans and lettuce over the turkey. Spread the avocado mixture over the lettuce. Top with cheese, then tomato.
Yield: 6 servings, about 1 2/3 cups each
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20.92 g||32.2%|
|Saturated Fat 4.89 g||24.5%|
|Trans Fat 0.21 g|
|Cholesterol 63.0 mg||21%|
|Sodium 783.82 mg||32.7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 34.63 g||11.5%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.62 g||38.5%|
|Sugars 4.52 g|
|Protein 27.95 g|
|Vitamin A 30.33 %||Vitamin C 9.6 %|
|Calcium 20.61 %||Iron 18.07 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Recipe and photograph are the property of eatingwell.com