Jump to recipe
8-Layer Taco Salad
Save to BigOven
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled unsalted tortilla chips
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 5 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring and breaking up lumps, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash avocado, yogurt and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl with a fork until smooth.
- Transfer the turkey and any juice from the pan to a serving bowl. Layer chips, salsa, beans and lettuce over the turkey. Spread the avocado mixture over the lettuce. Top with cheese, then tomato.
- Yield: 6 servings, about 1 2/3 cups each
Recipe and photograph are the property of eatingwell.com
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
1 2/3 cups
| Calories|| 424.68 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 20.92 g|| 32.2%|
| Saturated Fat 4.89 g|| 24.5%|
| Trans Fat 0.21 g|
| Cholesterol 63.0 mg|| 21%|
| Sodium 783.82 mg|| 32.7%|
| Total Carbohydrate 34.63 g|| 11.5%|
| Dietary Fiber 9.62 g|| 38.5%|
| Sugars 4.52 g|
| Protein 27.95 g|
| Vitamin A 30.33 %|| Vitamin C 9.6 %|
| Calcium 20.61 %|| Iron 18.07 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2022 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com