28 February, 2016
BLT Fried Egg and Cheese Sandwich
- 4 thick slices bacon
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 thick slices rustic white bread, toasted and hot
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 tomato slices
- 2 leaves of butter lettuce
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
In a skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat, turning, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Set the Monterey Jack slices on 1 piece of toast. Spread the mayonnaise on the other slice of toast, then top with the bacon, tomato and lettuce.
In a small, nonstick skillet, melt the butter. Add the egg and fry over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp around the edge, about 4 minutes; the yolk should still be runny. Slide the egg onto the lettuce; close the sandwich and eat right away.
Makes 1 Sandwich
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 42.47 g||65.3%|
|Saturated Fat 16.13 g||80.7%|
|Trans Fat 0.17 g|
|Cholesterol 164.13 mg||54.7%|
|Sodium 780.11 mg||32.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.44 g||5.8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.86 g||7.4%|
|Sugars 4.0 g|
|Protein 20.99 g|
|Vitamin A 16.55 %||Vitamin C 8.49 %|
|Calcium 27.21 %||Iron 11.65 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.