3 December, 2019
Baked Pipette with Montasio Cheese and Asparagus
- 1 quart milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/3 cups (4 ounces) Montasio cheese, grated*
- (may substitute fontinella cheese)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups (1 pound) asparagus, cut into 1/3 inch pieces
- to taste salt
- to taste white pepper
- 1 box (16 ounces) Barilla Pipette
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350°.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Heat milk in a small sauce pan; do not boil.
Melt butter in a separate 4 quart sauce pan. Add flour to butter and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring with a wire whisk. Add hot milk gradually, continuously stirring with a whisk to prevent lumps. Heat over medium heat until sauce thickens. Stir in the cheese. Whisk until melted. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and sauté 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Cook pasta 1/2 of the recommended cook time. Drain and combine with the cheese sauce and the asparagus.
Transfer to a 13 x 9 glass baking dish, sprinkle with Parmigiano cheese. Bake uncovered for twenty minutes
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20.05 g||30.8%|
|Saturated Fat 10.0 g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.44 g|
|Cholesterol 45.53 mg||15.2%|
|Sodium 622.03 mg||25.9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 53.61 g||17.9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.11 g||12.4%|
|Sugars 8.81 g|
|Protein 17.2 g|
|Vitamin A 19.2 %||Vitamin C 3.53 %|
|Calcium 28.55 %||Iron 11.58 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases made through the following links.