- For the Meat Loaf
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For the Decoration
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 3 1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 8 cherry tomatoes, stems removed
- Preparing the Meat Loaf
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, green onions, milk, parsley, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper just until blended.
- Divide mixture between two 8-inch round cake pans, patting to cover pans evenly and make level.
- Bake meat loaves until juices run clear when meat is pierced with a fork, or meat loaves register 170°F on a meat thermometer, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove pans from the oven; cover loosely with foil and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Decorating the Meat Loaf
- Pour off juices from pans. Invert 1 meat loaf onto a flat serving plate. Using a small sharp knife, trim red peppers so that they lie flat. Cover top of meat loaf with a single layer of roasted red peppers.
- Invert second meat loaf onto red pepper layer. Using a spatula, spread 2 1/2 cups mashed potatoes over top and sides of meat loaf. Spoon remaining potatoes into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe swirls around top edges of cake. Pipe stars around bottom of cake.
- Place cherry tomatoes, stem-ends down, in a ring around top of meat loaf "cake" to resemble cherries. Cut meat loaf into wedges; serve immediately.
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 496.66 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 28.83 g|| 44.4%|
| Saturated Fat 10.27 g|| 51.4%|
| Trans Fat 1.46 g|
| Cholesterol 151.79 mg|| 50.6%|
| Sodium 796.7 mg|| 33.2%|
| Total Carbohydrate 31.88 g|| 10.6%|
| Dietary Fiber 3.08 g|| 12.3%|
| Sugars 5.14 g|
| Protein 26.77 g|
| Vitamin A 19.56 %|| Vitamin C 91.63 %|
| Calcium 11.69 %|| Iron 24.29 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com