31 May, 2014
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken pieces -- skinned
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup green bell pepper -- diced (1 med. pepper)
- 1 cup radishes -- thinly sliced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks -- canned, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup juice from pineapple
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 1/2 cups rice -- cooked
- chow mein noodles -- optional
Simmer the chicken in water with bouillon cubes. Remove meat from bones and cut into chunks. Save 1 cup of chicken broth.
While chicken is cooking, melt margarine in frying pan or wok and saute the radishes, green peppers, and pineapple until crisp tender, but not brown. (Put rice on to cook.) Mix 1 cup saved chicken broth with 1/2 cup pineapple juice and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Add to pan.
Mix flour with 1 tablespoon cold water and stir to remove lumps. Add to vegetables. Add cut up chicken and a dash of pepper, and cook until everything is hot. Serve over rice. If desired, sprinkle chow mein noodles on top.
Serves 6. (Portion is 3/4 cup mixture served over 3/4 cup cooked rice.)
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 30.91 g||47.6%|
|Saturated Fat 8.63 g||43.2%|
|Trans Fat 0.53 g|
|Cholesterol 141.96 mg||47.3%|
|Sodium 568.53 mg||23.7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.08 g||14.4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.86 g||7.4%|
|Sugars 5.33 g|
|Protein 39.47 g|
|Vitamin A 12.21 %||Vitamin C 56.61 %|
|Calcium 4.8 %||Iron 19.27 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.