- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, cardamom, or nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup vegetable or fruit (grated zucchini or carrot; snipped dates, dried prunes or dried apples; coarsely chopped banana, apple or fresh cranberries; or snipped dried cherries or dried cranberries)
- Grease twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line the muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer until well combined. Beat in eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nuts, and vegetable or fruit. Stir into butter mixture until just moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake in a 400°F oven 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove; serve warm.
- Makes about 16.
Remember, cooking times may vary depending on ovens, so test doneness before stated cooking times.
More recipes you might like:
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 219.75 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 11.47 g|| 17.6%|
| Saturated Fat 5.79 g|| 29%|
| Trans Fat 0.23 g|
| Cholesterol 42.72 mg|| 14.2%|
| Sodium 145.89 mg|| 6.1%|
| Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g|| 8.8%|
| Dietary Fiber 0.96 g|| 3.8%|
| Sugars 12.97 g|
| Protein 3.49 g|
| Vitamin A 9.97 %|| Vitamin C 0.49 %|
| Calcium 4.87 %|| Iron 5.98 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com