8 February, 2020
Valentine Cherry Kisses Cookies
- 1 cup butter; (1/2 pound)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cups maraschino cherries; drained and chopped
- 25 Hershey's chocolate kisses; or chocolate hearts
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 2 cookie sheets.
Cream butter and powdered sugar together in a electric mixer, add cherry juice, almond extract, red food coloring and salt. Beat well. Add flour 1 cup at a time, scraping bowl often. Add cherries and mix only enough to blend. Dough should be stiff.
Roll into 2" balls and press slightly flat on cookie sheets.
Bake 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and immediately place an unwrapped Hershey's chocolate kiss, or heart, on the top of each cookie, pressing down with a slight twisting motion.
Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10.44 g||16.1%|
|Saturated Fat 6.45 g||32.3%|
|Trans Fat 0.3 g|
|Cholesterol 19.5 mg||6.5%|
|Sodium 25.85 mg||1.1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.02 g||6.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.95 g||3.8%|
|Sugars 12.13 g|
|Protein 1.28 g|
|Vitamin A 6.91 %||Vitamin C 0.18 %|
|Calcium 0.92 %||Iron 3.82 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Source: Big Oven