8 February, 2020
Valentine Berries and Cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
Line a 9-in. heart-shaped or square pan with foil; set aside.
In a large heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pan, swirling to coat the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides.
Refrigerate for 1 minute, then swirl the chocolate to reinforce sides of heart or box. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Using foil, lift from pan; remove foil and place chocolate heart on a serving plate.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa; add to creamed mixture with milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
Gently fold two-thirds of the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into heart.
Insert star tip #32 into a pastry or plastic bag; fill with the remaining whipped cream. Pipe around the edge of heart.
Garnish with strawberries.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 30.17 g||46.4%|
|Saturated Fat 17.74 g||88.7%|
|Trans Fat 0.35 g|
|Cholesterol 72.31 mg||24.1%|
|Sodium 79.17 mg||3.3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.59 g||12.5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.85 g||11.4%|
|Sugars 32.72 g|
|Protein 3.43 g|
|Vitamin A 25.11 %||Vitamin C 15.1 %|
|Calcium 5.57 %||Iron 7.16 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Source: Taste of Home