- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) no salt added stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 pound fresh or thawed halibut fillets, cut into 1-inch squares
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic in hot oil in large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes, vinegar, turmeric, pepper, bay leaf and 1-1/2 cups water; bring to boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, marinate halibut in mixture of less sodium soy sauce and pepper sauce 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle halibut mixture and peas evenly over rice. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Remove from heat; discard bay leaf. Gently combine fish and peas with rice; cover and let stand 1 minute before serving.
- Yield: 4 servings
More recipes you might like:
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 370.02 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 8.73 g|| 13.4%|
| Saturated Fat 1.36 g|| 6.8%|
| Trans Fat 0.0 g|
| Cholesterol 41.67 mg|| 13.9%|
| Sodium 891.06 mg|| 37.1%|
| Total Carbohydrate 49.18 g|| 16.4%|
| Dietary Fiber 4.97 g|| 19.9%|
| Sugars 5.62 g|
| Protein 23.14 g|
| Vitamin A 8.44 %|| Vitamin C 40.14 %|
| Calcium 7.57 %|| Iron 12.41 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com