- 6 medium russet potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons stick margarine
- 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) buttermilk
- In a large saucepan, simmer the potatoes in enough water to cover until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Add the margarine to the hot potatoes. When melted, 30-60 seconds, mash the potatoes with a potato masher or with an electric mixer until fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Pour the buttermilk on the potatoes and continue mashing until texture is smooth, 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Number of Servings: 6
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 226.63 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 6.0 g|| 9.2%|
| Saturated Fat 1.23 g|| 6.2%|
| Trans Fat 1.04 g|
| Cholesterol 0.82 mg|| 0.3%|
| Sodium 95.22 mg|| 4%|
| Total Carbohydrate 39.52 g|| 13.2%|
| Dietary Fiber 2.77 g|| 11.1%|
| Sugars 2.3 g|
| Protein 5.25 g|
| Vitamin A 0.32 %|| Vitamin C 13.72 %|
| Calcium 5.16 %|| Iron 10.28 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2020 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com