- 1 1/2 cups crushed peppermint candies
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup crushed peppermint candies and marshmallow. Cook over medium heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Butter the sides of a large heavy saucepan or dutch oven. Add sugar, milk, corn syrup, butter, honey, and salt. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Using a pastry brush dipped in hot water, wash down any sugar crystals on sides of pan. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Using a candy thermometer, cook syrup until it reaches soft ball stage: 234°F to 240°F. To test, drop a small amount of fudge in ice water. Syrup should easily form a ball in the water, but flatten out when held in your hand.
- Stir in marshmallow mixture. Fill your kitchen sink with 2 inches of cold water. Place saucepan in the sink and cool to approximately 120°F. Using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat fudge until thickened and no longer glossy. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies.
- Pour into a buttered 8 x 11 inch baking pan. Cool completely and cut into 1-inch squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 88
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 67.03 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 1.89 g|| 2.9%|
| Saturated Fat 1.15 g|| 5.8%|
| Trans Fat 0.03 g|
| Cholesterol 2.91 mg|| 1%|
| Sodium 18.04 mg|| 0.8%|
| Total Carbohydrate 13.11 g|| 4.4%|
| Dietary Fiber 0.18 g|| 0.7%|
| Sugars 12.68 g|
| Protein 0.34 g|
| Vitamin A 0.94 %|| Vitamin C 0.06 %|
| Calcium 0.9 %|| Iron 0.59 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2020 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com