- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Generous pinch hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon currants
- Salt to taste
- 2 tightly-packed tablespoons fresh basil, torn
- 7 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
Tomatoes and Mozzarella:
- 6 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, sliced vertically about 1/2-inch thick
- 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella, packed in liquid, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- About 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, garlic, the two peppers, onion, currants and salt to taste. Let stand 20 to 30 minutes.
- Just before assembling the dish, stir in the basil, and all but 1/2 teaspoon or so of the pine nuts.
- Alternate slices of tomato and cheese on a plate, lightly seasoning each tomato slice with a little salt. Sprinkle each mozzarella slice with a teaspoon or so of the onion mixture and sprinkle it with about 1/2 teaspoon pine nuts.
- Sprinkle the entire dish with the olive oil, and any leftover pine nuts and onion mixture.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Serves 6 to 8 as antipasto; 4 as a main dish
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 246.68 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 19.81 g|| 30.5%|
| Saturated Fat 6.68 g|| 33.4%|
| Trans Fat |
| Cholesterol 33.59 mg|| 11.2%|
| Sodium 376.18 mg|| 15.7%|
| Total Carbohydrate 7.57 g|| 2.5%|
| Dietary Fiber 1.62 g|| 6.5%|
| Sugars 4.32 g|
| Protein 11.45 g|
| Vitamin A 12.98 %|| Vitamin C 17.34 %|
| Calcium 23.06 %|| Iron 5.35 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com