- 1 cup cake flour
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 12 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/3 cups superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together cake flour and nutmeg into medium-size bowl.
- In separate large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until frothy. Beat in superfine sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, until stiff, but glossy peaks form, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Fold flour mixture into egg whites in 2 additions, until incorporated. Transfer half the batter to clean bowl. Fold cocoa powder into half the batter in one bowl.
- Alternately spoon white batter, then chocolate batter into ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Swirl with sharp knife to create marbled texture.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately invert onto baking sheet or neck of bottle. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine the strawberries, granulated sugar and orange juice in a bowl. Let stand for flavor to mellow.
- To serve, slice cake, and top slices with strawberry mixture.
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 169.41 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 0.52 g|| 0.8%|
| Saturated Fat 0.17 g|| 0.9%|
| Trans Fat |
| Cholesterol || 0|
| Sodium 45.3 mg|| 1.9%|
| Total Carbohydrate 38.31 g|| 12.8%|
| Dietary Fiber 1.63 g|| 6.5%|
| Sugars 26.98 g|
| Protein 4.46 g|
| Vitamin A 0.1 %|| Vitamin C 27.7 %|
| Calcium 1.27 %|| Iron 7.21 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2020 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com