- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 egg whites (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup mashed yams or sweet potatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- * optional 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease one 8 or 9 inch loaf pan. (The 8 inch will be popped up full and the 9 will be a little below the top when baked.)
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, egg whites, sweet potatoes and vanilla. Stir to mix.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet mixture until moist. If using nuts, fold in until mixed.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan and continue cooling on rack.
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 248.46 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 12.19 g|| 18.8%|
| Saturated Fat 1.09 g|| 5.5%|
| Trans Fat 0.04 g|
| Cholesterol || 0|
| Sodium 119.27 mg|| 5%|
| Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g|| 10.8%|
| Dietary Fiber 1.38 g|| 5.5%|
| Sugars 17.2 g|
| Protein 3.26 g|
| Vitamin A 8.74 %|| Vitamin C 0.33 %|
| Calcium 1.59 %|| Iron 2.76 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2022 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com