Jump to recipe
Sweet and Sour Neatballs
Save to BigOven
- 4 eggs
- 1 small onion — minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed saltine crackers — or bread crumbs
- 1 cup minced walnuts — or pecans
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt — or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Italian seasoning — optional
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil — or canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice — or white vinegar
- 3/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash hot sauce — optional
- Mix sage, minced small onion, parsley, garlic, crushed crackers, ground nuts, cottage cheese, and cheddar cheese together.
- Add salt, Italian seasoning, sage and thyme. Mix well.
- Form the mixture into 2-inch balls. Place them in a 9×13 baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, vinegar, apricot jam, ketchup, 1/4 cup minced onions, oregano and optional hot sauce.
- Pour evenly over neatballs. Bake at 350°F. for 35 to 40 minutes, until meatballs are firm and the sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Makes 15 servings
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 211.79 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 11.13 g|| 17.1%|
| Saturated Fat 2.61 g|| 13.1%|
| Trans Fat 0.1 g|
| Cholesterol 51.62 mg|| 17.2%|
| Sodium 311.46 mg|| 13%|
| Total Carbohydrate 23.48 g|| 7.8%|
| Dietary Fiber 1.35 g|| 5.4%|
| Sugars 11.76 g|
| Protein 6.31 g|
| Vitamin A 5.59 %|| Vitamin C 4.33 %|
| Calcium 9.65 %|| Iron 6.47 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2022 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com