Jump to recipe
Save to BigOven
1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs separated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries diced and very lightly crushed (not mashed to a pulp)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks.
- Sift dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the strawberries to the creamed mixture.
- Beat egg whites until they are stiff but not dry in a separate bowl.
- Fold beaten egg whites into batter very gently until mixed.
- Grease a loaf pan. Place batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated over for 50-60 minutes. Remove to rack and cool for 10 minutes. Remove and place on rack to continue cooling.
- Makes 1 nice large loaf
Please Note: Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 230.84 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 9.46 g|| 14.6%|
| Saturated Fat 2.39 g|| 12%|
| Trans Fat 1.13 g|
| Cholesterol 26.66 mg|| 8.9%|
| Sodium 155.38 mg|| 6.5%|
| Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g|| 11.2%|
| Dietary Fiber 0.82 g|| 3.3%|
| Sugars 17.36 g|
| Protein 3.14 g|
| Vitamin A 1.29 %|| Vitamin C 8.28 %|
| Calcium 3.77 %|| Iron 2.66 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2022 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com