17 December, 2017
Strawberry Almond Chocolate Tart
- pastry for 9-inch pie
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract or 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons toasted almonds
Preheat oven to 425°. Place unfolded pastry on ungreased baking sheet. Turn edges under 1/2 inch; flute. Prick pastry with tines of a fork. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on baking sheet on wire rack. Spread with jam.
Microwave chocolate morsels and sweetened condensed milk, uncovered, in a medium size microwave-safe bowl on high for 1 minute. Stir. The morsels may retain some of their original shape; if necessary, microwave for additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
Stir in extract or liqueur. Pour over jam and spread to edges. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate is set.
Arrange strawberries over chocolate and sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10.33 g||15.9%|
|Saturated Fat 5.4 g||27%|
|Cholesterol 8.67 mg||2.9%|
|Sodium 38.49 mg||1.6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.52 g||12.8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.55 g||10.2%|
|Sugars 32.65 g|
|Protein 3.82 g|
|Vitamin A 2.14 %||Vitamin C 28.87 %|
|Calcium 9.01 %||Iron 5.88 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.