- Red Velvet Layer
- 1 tablespoon butter, for cake pan
- 1 tablespoon flour, for cake pan
- 1 box red velvet cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the box
- Cheesecake Layer
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Whipped Layer
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- *Red Velvet cake layer:*
- Preheat oven to 350°F Flour one springform 9" cake pan.
- Prepare red velvet cake batter according to box directions. Pour your batter in the prepared cake pan. Bake for 30 to 32 minutes.
- Let cool slightly in cake pan then remove, use a cake leveler to make sure the top is even and flat - set aside.
- *Make the cheesecake layer:*
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy and combined, 3 minutes. Add eggs, one a time, until combined. Add sour cream, flour, vanilla, and salt and beat until combined.
- Pour filling into a separate 9' springform pan, use parchment paper to line it then bake until only slightly jiggly in the center, about 1 hour.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to the freezer to cool completely and firm up before assembling on top of the red velvet cake layer. Use a cake leveler again if needed/desired to achieve even layers.
- *Note if you would prefer to bake them together, just bake the cake first in the springform pan, then add the cheesecake layer on top of the baked cake & bake until the cheesecake layer is slightly jiggly- then stick in freezer until completely cooled & firm.*
- *Make whipped frosting:*
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl. Using a large balloon whisk, whisk together the ingredients by hand for about five minutes until soft peaks start to form.
- You'll know the whipped cream is ready when the cream has formed soft peaks and holds onto the whisk. Be careful not to overdo the whisking
- Top the Red Velvet cake with the cheesecake layer carefully. Then spread the whipped cream over the top of the cheesecake.
- Use a decorators pastry tip to create whipped dollops on the edge.
- Garnish with red velvet cake crumbs and serve.
More recipes you might like:
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 523.31 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 32.17 g|| 49.5%|
| Saturated Fat 18.74 g|| 93.7%|
| Trans Fat 0.14 g|
| Cholesterol 132.79 mg|| 44.3%|
| Sodium 486.19 mg|| 20.3%|
| Total Carbohydrate 53.56 g|| 17.9%|
| Dietary Fiber 0.56 g|| 2.2%|
| Sugars 35.27 g|
| Protein 5.99 g|
| Vitamin A 37.12 %|| Vitamin C 0.33 %|
| Calcium 16.74 %|| Iron 6.91 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com