24 April, 2018
Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy-style peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish.
Beat together the butter and the granulated sugar until soft and creamy. Blend in the brown sugar, and then the peanut butter. Add the salt, vanilla, and eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in the flour.
Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate morsels over the top of the brownies. Give them time to melt, and then spread evenly with a spatula. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. When cool, cut into 2-inch squares (4 across, 6 down).
Yield: 24 brownies, each a 2-inch square
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.13 g||18.7%|
|Saturated Fat 5.0 g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.17 g|
|Cholesterol 33.42 mg||11.1%|
|Sodium 63.22 mg||2.6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.29 g||9.4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1 g||4.4%|
|Sugars 22.26 g|
|Protein 4.06 g|
|Vitamin A 4.71 %||Vitamin C|
|Calcium 2.07 %||Iron 4.62 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases made through the following links.