Jump to recipe
Save to BigOven
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 slice (1/2" size) lemon zest (yellow part only)
- 4 cups peeled, pitted peaches, diced or sliced
- Bring the sugar, water and lemon zest to a boil over high heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. This will extract flavor from the peel, dissolve the sugar and make a syrup.
- Add the fruit and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, until just tender.
- Remove the fruit from the juice and set aside. Discard the lemon zest.
- Reduce the juice over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until it becomes syrupy. Pour the syrup over the cooked fruit. Serve warm.
- For Safekeeping: Cool the compote. Refrigerate up to 5 days.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 169.2 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 0.26 g|| 0.4%|
| Saturated Fat 0.02 g|| 0.1%|
| Trans Fat |
| Cholesterol 0.0 mg|| 0|
| Sodium 1.14 mg|| 0%|
| Total Carbohydrate 43.17 g|| 14.4%|
| Dietary Fiber 1.58 g|| 6.3%|
| Sugars 41.89 g|
| Protein 0.94 g|
| Vitamin A 1.83 %|| Vitamin C 8.01 %|
| Calcium 0.75 %|| Iron 1.53 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2022 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com