- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large Granny Smith apple peeled, cored, cut into 1/2″ slices
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat an oven to 400°. Spray two 6 1/2-inch tapas pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the apple, granulated sugar and cinnamon and sauté, stirring constantly, until the apple begins to soften and brown lightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until lightly frothy. Add the flour, milk, sour cream, salt and lemon zest and whisk just until a smooth batter forms.
- Immediately divide the batter between the prepared pans. Divide the apple mixture between the pans, trying to keep the apple slices on top of the batter.
- Bake until the pancakes are puffed and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.
- Serves 2.
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!