8 February, 2020
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 onions, coarsely chopped (about 7 cups)
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon jarred jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onions and sauté about 10 minutes, or until softened.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add 1 cup of each cheese; mix well. Add jalapeño peppers, if desired, and cooked onions; mix well. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Combine remaining cheese and sprinkle evenly over onion mixture.
Bake 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13.0 g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 7.79 g||39%|
|Trans Fat 0.27 g|
|Cholesterol 37.66 mg||12.6%|
|Sodium 430.48 mg||17.9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.98 g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.38 g||9.5%|
|Sugars 5.5 g|
|Protein 10.78 g|
|Vitamin A 10.43 %||Vitamin C 10.36 %|
|Calcium 30.81 %||Iron 4.42 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Source: Mr. Food