- 6 pounds figs, unpeeled, washed and stems removed
- 2 pounds sugar (4 1/2 cups)
- 6 lemons, very thinly sliced (optionally remove the seeds)
- 6 1 pint mason jars, lids and rims
- Prepare jars and lids according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large stock pot, place prepared figs. Cover with sugar and let sit overnight.
- Place stockpot on medium heat and and cook until sugar is completely dissolved. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally. Fold in lemon slices. Cover and cook over low heat until syrup is thick (approximately 3 hours).
- Remove from heat and pack in hot sterilized jars.
- Seal and refrigerate for up to 30 days.
More recipes you might like:
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 58.31 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 0.1 g|| 0.2%|
| Saturated Fat 0.02 g|| 0.1%|
| Trans Fat |
| Cholesterol 0.0 mg|| 0|
| Sodium 0.45 mg|| 0%|
| Total Carbohydrate 15.15 g|| 5.1%|
| Dietary Fiber 0.92 g|| 3.7%|
| Sugars 14.06 g|
| Protein 0.25 g|
| Vitamin A 0.22 %|| Vitamin C 2.76 %|
| Calcium 1.1 %|| Iron 0.73 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com