Lamb Chops with Mint Chutney
- 1/4 cup lime juice from about 2 limes
- 1 garlic clove cut in half
- 1 piece ginger 1 inch peeled fresh, coarsely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno chile with seeds; coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/8 teaspoons black pepper coarsely ground
- 1 cup yogurt plain whole-milk
- 2 cups mint leaves loosely packed fresh; coarsely chopped
- 8 8 ounce shoulder lamb chops 3/4-inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
Meanwhile, in blender, combine lime juice, garlic, ginger, jalapeno, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Blend mixture until pureed. Stir in yogurt and mint.
Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper on both sides of lamb chops. Place chops on hot grill rack; cook 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare, turning chops over once.
Serve lamb chops with mint chutney.
Makes 8 main-dish servings.
Also known as: Mark Bittman’s Broiled Lamb Chops With Mint Chutney
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
Serving: 1each | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 481mg | Potassium: 669mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 532mcg | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 4mg