- 5 kiwi fruit, peeled
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 pouch, 3 ounces liquid pectin
- green food color, optional
- 4 tablespoons rum
- Fill boiling water canner with water. Place 4 clean half-pint mason jars in canner. Cover, bring water to a boil; boil at least 10 minutes to sterilize jars at altitudes up to 1000 ft. Place snap lids in boiling water, boil 5 minutes to soften sealing compound.
- In a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan, mash kiwifruit to applesauce consistency. Stir in sugar, pineapple and lime juice. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Stirring constantly, boil vigorously for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in pectin. Continue stirring 5 minutes to prevent floating fruit. (If desired, add green food coloring to create a more lively, intensely green jam.) Stir in rum.
- Ladle jam into a hot sterilized jar to within 1/4 inch of top rim.
- Remove air bubbles by sliding rubber spatula between glass and food; readjust head space to 1/4 inch. Wipe jar rim removing any stickiness. Center snap lid on jar; apply screw band just until fingertip tight. Place jar in canner. Repeat for remaining jam.
- Cover canner, return water to a boil, process 5 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 ft.
- Remove jars. Cool 24 hours. Check jar seals. (Sealed lids curve downward.) Remove screw bands. Wipe jars, label and store in a cool dark place.
- Yields 4 half-pints.
More recipes you might like:
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 47.59 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 0.04 g|| 0.1%|
| Saturated Fat 0.0 g|| 0|
| Trans Fat |
| Cholesterol 0.0 mg|| 0|
| Sodium 0.67 mg|| 0%|
| Total Carbohydrate 11.81 g|| 3.9%|
| Dietary Fiber 0.17 g|| 0.7%|
| Sugars 10.12 g|
| Protein 0.08 g|
| Vitamin A 0.03 %|| Vitamin C 6.26 %|
| Calcium 0.24 %|| Iron 0.18 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com