21 August, 2019
Italian Squash Bake
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 fresh yellow squash, sliced
- 2 fresh zucchini, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 16-ounce can of diced tomatoes (to significantly reduce the sodium content, use no added salt)
- 1/2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 325°.
In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add all of the fresh vegetables and the garlic. Sauté until soft. Add the canned tomatoes, including the juice. Season with the spices and salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer the ingredients to a glass baking dish sprayed with pan spray.
Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake another 10 minutes.
Please Note: Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.08 g||6.3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.22 g||6.1%|
|Cholesterol 3.2 mg||1.1%|
|Sodium 83.64 mg||3.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.21 g||7.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.11 g||20.4%|
|Sugars 4.97 g|
|Protein 4.72 g|
|Vitamin A 6.95 %||Vitamin C 60.52 %|
|Calcium 15.37 %||Iron 11.28 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
As an Amazon Associate, I receive commissions on purchases made through the following links. Thanks for your support.