- 12 ounces hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 egg yolks
- 5/8 cup white sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 cup chopped hazelnuts, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease and flour a 9 inch springform pan. Grind hazelnuts until very fine. Add baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg yolks with the sugar until pale yellow in color. Beat in the ground hazelnut mixture.
- In a separate clean bowl, with a clean whisk, whip the egg whites until stiff. Quickly fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the yolk mixture, then add the remaining whites and fold in until no streaks remain.
- Pour into a 9 inch springform. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 75 minutes, or until top of cake springs back when lightly tapped. Cool on wire rack.
- When cake is cool, slice horizontally into 3 layers. Whip the cream until stiff, and spread generously between layers, on top and on the sides of the cake. Sprinkle chopped hazelnuts on top for decoration.
More recipes you might like:
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 391.89 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 34.46 g|| 53%|
| Saturated Fat 11.11 g|| 55.6%|
| Trans Fat |
| Cholesterol 127.49 mg|| 42.5%|
| Sodium 100.86 mg|| 4.2%|
| Total Carbohydrate 16.98 g|| 5.7%|
| Dietary Fiber 2.87 g|| 11.5%|
| Sugars 12.92 g|
| Protein 7.74 g|
| Vitamin A 21.03 %|| Vitamin C 2.33 %|
| Calcium 12.57 %|| Iron 9.37 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com