Jump to recipe
Ginger Almond Pears
Save to BigOven
- 5 firm ripe pears
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- Salt to taste
- Peel the pears, quarter them lengthwise, and core. Slice pears thinly and place in a saucepan with the apple cider and ginger root. Add a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until pears are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch or arrowroot in 1/3 cup cold water and add to the simmering pears, stirring, until the sauce is thick and clear.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond extract. Serve warm or cold.
- 6 Servings
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 162.38 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 0.39 g|| 0.6%|
| Saturated Fat 0.06 g|| 0.3%|
| Trans Fat |
| Cholesterol 0.0 mg|| 0|
| Sodium 661.34 mg|| 27.6%|
| Total Carbohydrate 41.49 g|| 13.8%|
| Dietary Fiber 5.11 g|| 20.4%|
| Sugars 27.13 g|
| Protein 0.71 g|
| Vitamin A 0.17 %|| Vitamin C 8.7 %|
| Calcium 2.45 %|| Iron 2.54 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2022 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com